It was inspiring to visit The Source Trade Show this week. I love finding out more about the food businesses there; how they’ve grown their business, their plans for the future and of course a suitable amount of tasting!
It was also great to talk to the business there about the next Food For Thought workshop at the end of March, specifically tailored for food and beverage producers.
This time the workshop is all about scaling up. Everyone in business has ambition and motivation, but when sales start to take off is when the difficult decisions start to arise. Things like:
– what comes first; sales or production capacity?
– how do you get all the jobs done and still find new business?
– when you know you need help how do you hire the right person?
– what’s the best way to pay for the new kit, new marketing, new staff, etc?
– how do you make sure you are paying yourself as well as everyone else!
I’m lucky enough to have the amazing Amanda Stansfield (from Granny Gothards’ Ice Cream) and Paula Golby (Cooper Golding Recruitment) coming to share what they’ve learned on their journeys so far and pass on their hard won advice.
The workshop is on 25th March at the Hartnoll Hotel near Tiverton. It promises to be a fantastic morning packed full of ideas and tools so please spread the word. More details (and tickets!) can be found at bit.ly/fft-mar20
Tickets are £40 (including lunch) but early bird tickets are available at just £30 during February.